Cobra Attachments Warranty
Its terms, the warranty shall be:
- Main chassis/structure for 36 months from date of shipment or 3000 hours of use whichever occurs first (warranty period).
- Hydraulic components for 12 months from date of shipment or 1000 hours of use whichever occurs first (warranty period).
- For defects which occur during normal use of the attachment during the warranty period. Abnormal use may invalidate the warranty.
Cobra Attachments will repair or replace parts that are found to be defective in materials or workmanship within the warranty period. Cobra Attachments will provide a new part or a repaired part, at its election, in place of any part which is found on its inspection to be defective in material or workmanship during the warranty period.
The part will be repaired or replaced to the Purchaser during normal working hours at Cobra Attachments place of business at Moore Road, Invercargill or at a service agent authorised by Cobra Attachments in advance.
The warranty does not cover:
- Fair wear and tear.
- Hydraulic hoses and fittings.
- Over pressuring or overflowing hydraulic cylinders
- Hydraulic cylinder damage due to bent/damaged rods, dented tubes, or hydraulic oil contamination.
- Damage to the carrier machine caused by failure of the attachment.
- Any alteration by Cobra Attachments to adjust the attachment to fit the carrier machine/equipment.
- Electrical componentry or circuits.
- Wear of the bucket pins
- Faults caused by incorrect installation.
No other warranties, express or implied, including warranties of merchantability and/or fitness for a particular purpose shall be applicable to any Cobra Attachments product. There are no warranties which extend beyond that expressed in this warranty.
Cobra Attachments expressly disclaims liability for any special, incidental, consequential, exemplary, or punitive damages, loss of time or profits, direct, indirect, or general damages arising out of any breach of warranty expressed or implied.
Conditions of Warranty
NB: Failure to comply with these conditions may invalidate this limited warranty.
It is the Purchaser’s responsibility to ensure the equipment is only used for the purpose the equipment was designed for.
If a defect in materials or workmanship occurs it is the Purchaser’s responsibility to cease operating the equipment until repairs are made by or on behalf of Cobra Attachments. Damage which occurs from the continued operation is not covered by the warranty. It is the Purchaser’s responsibility to maintain the equipment in accordance with the instructions provided by Cobra Attachments. It is recommended that you keep records and receipts as you may be asked to prove the maintenance instructions have been complied with and followed.
It is the Purchaser’s responsibility to give Cobra Attachments written notice of any warranty claim immediately after the defect
This warranty excludes damage or defects caused by or resulting from:
- Misuse or neglect of equipment.
- Abusive operation.
- Natural disasters, calamities, or accidents.
- Neglected maintenance.
- Unapproved attachments.
- Usage contrary to intended purpose.
- Fair wear and tear of ground engaging or other parts.
This warranty does not cover the cost of:
- Pick up or delivery of equipment.
- Installation or other labour charges.
- Rental or replacement of equipment during the repair period.
- Freight charges for equipment or replacement parts.
- Travel time or mileage.
- In the event that a structural component fails, use of the product must cease immediately to prevent further damage to the remaining parts.
- Claims must be submitted on a Warranty Claim Form which is available by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The product must be photographed using multiple camera angles to provide clear and unobstructed views of the failed part.
- The last use and/or the use of the product when the failure occurred must be fully documented and submitted with photos of the product to Cobra Attachments for review.
- Upon determination that the part is under warranty the part must be returned to Cobra Attachments, freight prepaid by the customer.
- All warranty claims will be null and void if failure to return faulty components within one month of the original claim.